A new theme for OSX terminal. Hopefully this will breathe some life back into those of you who need a fresh change. I was motivated to do this after seeing the IR Black theme (for both Textmate and Terminal). The colors used in that theme were somewhat similar to mine, so I decided to create something a little different. Enjoy.
- Install SIMBL
- Install TerminalColors plugin for SIMBL (instructions available on Ciarán Walsh’s blog). If you are using Snow Leopard, please make sure to download the correct 64bit SIMBL plugin (direct link from GitHub here).
- Download / Extract the Theme zip file.
- Import the NightLion terminal theme.
- Important: Update your .bashrc file. This is critical for displaying the correct colors and prompts. I have included a copy of my bashrc file in the terminal theme zip. To udpate your .bashrc file:
- Open a new terminal window
- Type “sudo nano .bashrc”
- Copy the code from the included bashrc file or from the code below and paste it into your .bashrc file.
- Press Ctrl-X to exit (yes to save).
alias ls="ls -G"
export PS1="e[1;30m][e[e[1;30m]e[1;33m] u@H [e[1;32m]w[e[0m] e[1;30m]]n[[ e[1;31m]T[e[0m]e[1;30m] ] > e[37m]"